The 12MB1000 is a very high performance 12" midbass driver.
It offers high power handling capability with exceptional sensitivity over the midbass frequency range.
It can be used with either direct radiating or horn loaded applications, as well as part of a 2 or 3-way system.
It is ideally used in stage monitor, auditorium, touring and outdoor systems.
The smooth curvilinear paper cone has a special high strength wood pulp composition designed to achieve the best possible linearity within the middle frequency range and to control bell-mode resonances around the cone.
The cone is carried by a double half-roll suspension, which is more resistant to aging and fatigue than traditional materials, and provides the correct dampening and excursion control.
The state-of-the-art voice coil employs our Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV) technology, in which a high strength fiberglas former carries windings on both the outer and inner surfaces.
By mean of a balanced coil with uniform distribution of mass and motive energy, this technology assures an extremely linear motor assembly.
The voice coil cooling has been achieved by incorporating airways between the chassis back plate and the top plate of the magnet which allow heated air from the voice coil and gap to be channeled away and dissipated by the chassis basket.
This technology is the result of a meticulous design exercise using a sophisticated in-house 3D CAD facility.
The magnetic structure has also been optimized using our in-house FEA CAD resource to maximize flux density in the voice coil gap.
Eighteen Sound R&D has developed a special cone treatment specifically dedicated to improve the dampening properties of the moving assembly, thus considerably improving the transient response control.
This treatment also gives water repellent properties to the cone, enabling the 12MB1000 to be used in humid environments without damage.
* 102 dB SPL 1W / 1m average sensitivity
* 100 mm (4 in) Interleaved Sandwich ISV copper voice coil
* 600 W AES power handling
* Excellent transient response
* Very low power compression
* Improved heat dissipation via unique basket design
* Nominal Diameter 300 mm (12 in)
* Rated Impedance 8 Ohm
* AES Power 600 W
* Program Power 800 W
* Peak Power 1600 W
* Sensitivity 102 dB
* Frequency Range 80 - 3500 Hz
* Power Compression @-10dB 0,5 dB
* Power Compression @-3dB 1,5 dB
* Power Compression @Full Power 2,1 dB
* Max Recomm.
Frequency 2500 Hz
Enclosure Volume 8 - 60 lt.
(0,28 - 2,12 cuft)
* Minimum Impedance 7,2 Ohm at 25 DegreesC
* Max Peak To Peak Excursion 20 mm (0,79 in)
* Voice Coil Diameter 100 mm (4 in)
* Voice Coil winding material copper
* Suspension M-roll, Polycotton
* Cone Curvilinear, Treated paper
* Thiele Small Parameters
* Fs 54 Hz
* Re 5,8 Ohm
* Sd 0,0531 sq.mt.
* Qms 6
* Qes 0,2
* Qts 0,18
* Vas 60 lt.
* Mms 55,5 gr.
* BL 23,5 Tm
* Linear Mathematical Xmax +/- 2,5mm (+/-0,10 in)
* Le (1kHz) 1,46 mH
Efficiency 1W@1m (half space) 99 dB
* Overall diameter 315 mm (12,4 in)
of mounting holes and bolt 8
* Mounting holes diameter 7,15 mm (0,28 in)
* Bolt circle diameter 296 - 300 mm (11,65 - 11,8 in)
* Front mount baffle cutout ø 282 mm (11,1 in)
* Rear mount baffle cutout ø 282 mm (11,1 in)
* Total depth 118,4 mm (4,66 in)
* Flange and gasket thickness 16,5 mm (0,65 in)
* Net weight 9,6 kg (21,19 lb)
* Shipping weight 10,3 kg (22,74 lb)
* Packaging Dimensions 10,3 kg (22,74 lb)