The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility.
This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems.
The AT4040’s low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
* Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
* Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
* Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
* Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
* Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
* State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
* Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
* Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
* ELEMENT: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
* POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz
* LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
* OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
* IMPEDANCE: 100 ohms
* MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
* 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
* NOISE: 12 dB SPL
* DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
* SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
* PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
* SWITCHES: Flat, roll-off;
* 10 dB pad (nominal)
* WEIGHT: 12.7 oz (360 g)
* DIMENSIONS: 6.69-in (170.0 mm) long,
* 2.10-in (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
* OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
* ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8449a shock mount for 5/8-in-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
* AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: R1