35th Anniversary SUPER AMPLIFIER.
3400 watts x 2 Ultra-D-Class mono subwoofer amplifier.
Features on board ParaQ bass equalization and bass remote with diagnostic control.
The Super Amplifiers are all CTA-2006B compliant.
* CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATION * CTA stands for Consumer Technology Association and Hifonics has been a member for decades.
In 2016 the program previously known as CEA Certification changed to CTA-2006B to reflect the changes to the organization and their initiatives.
* Specifically for the Hifonics Super Amps, the Primary Output Power should, according to CTA2006, be measured with 14.4V DC supply, a 4-ohm load and with 1% or less total harmonic distortion in the output.
For more information go to the Consumer Electronics Association website *
* Category: Super Amps
* SKU: 806576225140
* Part #: Colossus * Features & Benefits
* PRE-AMP CIRCUITRY: Low Noise PreAmplifier
* Low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier pre-amplifier circuit with minimal distortion
* INPUTS: Tiffany Style RCA Connectors
* Audiophile signal quality and maximum signal throughput with minimum distortion and maximum external noise rejection
* HI LEVEL INPUTS:
* OPERATION MODE: One Channel (Mono)
* Mono mode is intended for subwoofers only
* CROSSOVER / SIGNAL SHAPING: Accu-Cross & XCurve (X1/X10)
* Accu-Cross crossovers allow for complete control of the signal directing to all speakers.
XCurve allows for chosen frequencies to be as stated (X1) or multiplied by 10.
* EQUALIZER: ParaQ
* Parametric Bass EQ with adjustments:
* Boost (0-10dB)
* Width (Narrow-Wide (On Center)
* Center Frequency (30Hz - 100Hz)
* CLASS / TOPOLOGY: Dual Ultra D-Class
* Ultra D-Class technology is at the very nerve center of Colossus.
The proprietary “Ultra-D-in design uses high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms to efficiently control the dual mono current consumption.
At very high listening levels.
Hifonics Ultra D-Class results in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies and less heat than conventional D-Class amplifier designs.
* OUTPUT DEVICES TECHNOLOGY: Ultra-Fi MOSFET
* The Ultra-Fi MOSFET is designed for music production vs just electronics output power.
It produces very musical high power with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion
* HEAT SINK: Aluminum
* Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink efficiently moves heat from the MOSFET where it can be cooled without the need for fans
* POWER SUPPLY: Twin turbo
* The Twin Turbo Coil PS is a Pulse Width Modulated power supply keeps voltage constant through the Ultra-Fi output devices
* BASS REMOTE: Diagnostic Bass Remote Included
* The Hifonics SUPER AMPS include a specialized Bass Remote that allows remote adjustment of the gain for the ParaQ bass equalization feature.
Also critical is the Diagnostic ability of viewing the amplifier status on the L.E.D's of the remote
* REMOTE STATUS: Visualize Amplifier Signal
* The remote also includes a clip indicator on the remote that mirrors what is visible on the amplifier end panel.
This allows the user to see the output status of the amplifiers signal.
There is one multi-color L.E.D that will show Green, Amber or Red.
Green = Amplifier outputting clean signal.
Amber = Amplifier outputting a -insoft-in clip signal which is a non-audible distortion only measurable on an oscilloscope.
Red = Amplifier is putting out a -inhard-in clip signal.
This is audible distortion and can damage speakers.
* OUTPUT CONNECTIONS: Nickel-Plated
* High temperature impact resistant with hex screw terminals that allow for secure connections and is erosion resistant
* CONNECTIONS TYPE: Molded & Angled
* Hardened composite mounting with secure connection for all Power, Ground and Speaker connections.
Angled for ease of access during installation
* SIGNAL PASS THROUGH: Yes
* One pair of Tiffany style connectors for a full range, L & R output allow distortion free signal to be passed through this amplifier to feed that signal to other components without the need for noise generating Y cables
* DIAGNOSTICS: Three-stage protection circuits
* Monitor thermal, overload, DC, and speaker short protection with lighted indicators on the amplifier end panel
* ILLUMINATION: Yes
* Hifonics logo and both the input and output side of the amplifiers connections *
* CLASS: Ultra D-Class
* SIGNAL TO NOISE: >90dB
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE
* CROSSOVER TYPE
* LOW PASS CROSSOVER: 12DB PER OCTAVE: 35Hz-250Hz
* TONE CONTROL: ParaQ: BASS BOOST
* Parametric: 30-100Hz
* Wide-Narrow / 0-10dB
* SUBSONIC FILTER: 15Hz-35Hz
* PHASE SHIFT: 0 - 180 degrees
* POWER @ 1-OHM: 2 x 1700 RMS: 2 x 3400 Peak
* POWER @ 2-OHMS: 2 x 1200 RMS: 2 x 2400 Peak
* POWER @ 4-OHMS: 2 x 650 RMS: 2 x 1300 Peak
* MONO BRIDGED @ 2-OHMS: 1 x 3400 RMS: 1 x 6800 Peak
* MONO BRIDGED @ 4-OHMS: 1 x 2400 RMS: 1 x 4800 Peak
* TOTAL CHANNELS: 2
* AUDIO OUTPUTS: Yes, RCA
* POWER TERMINAL: 12V/GND: 0 gauge
* SPEAKER TERMINAL WIRE GAUGE: 12g
* FUSING: Use external 250
* CERTIFICATIONS: CTA-2006-B Compliant