* Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
* Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm & 8 ohm speaker systems
* Inputs: XLR, 1/4-in TRS & phono input connectors for compatibility w/any source
* Outputs: Speakon combo accepts, 1/4-in (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole & 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only).
* Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
* Minimum depth chassis (10.1-in /257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
* Lightweight - GX3 & GX5 less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg).
GX7 only 15.5 lbs (7 kg)*
* Detented gain controls for precise setting & matching of sensitivity
* GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier & loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive * without shutting down the show
* Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal & Clipping
* Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
* 120 Volts 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg)
* 8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 500 W
* 8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) 600 W
* 4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 700 W
* 4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) 850 W
* Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1 kHz) 8 ohms: less than 0.02%
* 4 ohms: less than 0.05%
* Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz) 100 dB
* Input Sensitivity 1.2 Vrms
* Voltage Gain (8 ohms) 34.4 dB
* Output Circuitry 2-tier Class H
* Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4 ohms, 120V) 6A
* Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB
* Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms) 2 dB
* Input Impedance (ohms) Greater than 20k (balanced)
* GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance & portability on a limited budget.
The hallmarks of the QSC brand - professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing & long-term reliability - are all intrinsic to GX.
Add contemporary styling, multiple input/output options, light weight, & advanced protection circuitry, & the GX Series clearly represents real value - something everyone can use.
* GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers.
Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier w/power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating.
The GX3 is ideal for speakers in the 300 watt (Program) range, while the GX5 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers.
The GX7 outputs 725 watts into an 8 ohm load.
Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (such as dual-woofer, two-way models) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match while the GX7's 1000 watts will very capably power many of today's popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.