* Active reference speakers designed & optimized for DJ practice
* Constructed of highly rigid medium density fiberboard for maximum audio performance
* Soft dome tweeters are set in the center of the illuminated waveguide optimizing output & dispersing sound energy power
The S-DJ50X active reference speakers are designed for great audio feedback while practicing DJing skills.
The speakers which are also offered in white (S-DJ50X-W) feature excellent sound quality, improved bass response & reliability, three types of inputs, & built-in equalization, useful for DJs who want to achieve the highest accuracy in sound reproduction.
Each speaker sold separately.
For maximum audio performance, increased bass output & reduced unwanted resonance, each speaker utilizes a highly rigid medium density fiberboard (MDF) for the construction of its enclosure & bass reflex ducts.
Additionally, to optimize sound quality & increase reliability, Pioneer uses woofers made w/aramid fiber cones & soft dome tweeters infused in magnetic fluid.
* Groove Technology: To improve airflow through the port of the enclosure, Pioneer engineered the port hole w/grooves to help direct the sound waves smoothly.
The technique decreases standing waves from the mouth of the port, resulting in smooth bass & midbass output, w/more impact.
* Convex Diffuser: Matching the bass output of the speakers, the soft dome tweeters are set in the center of a convex diffuser optimizing output & dispersing the sound energy in both left & right directions for wider imaging.
The blue area below shows the normal spread of sound, & the orange area displays the enhanced spread of sound w/the diffuser.
For a cool cosmetic look, the diffuser also illuminates in white when the speakers are powered on.
* Class AB bi-amp: Driving the speakers is a highly efficient Class AB amplifier in a bi-amp configuration to power the tweeters & woofers separately.
* EQ Controls: The speakers also enable users to adjust high-pass level output via the built-in equalizer from the back of the speaker.
The equalizer adjusts the high frequency range in one decibel increments (-2dB to +1dB), tailoring the audio output to the user's T listening preference.
Inputs & Extras
The S-DJ50X model features three types of inputs (XLR, TRS & RCA) for connection to different devices such as DJ equipment, computers, & portable devices.
For convenience & power conservation, the speakers also include an Auto Standby mode that automatically turns itself off when there is no input signal sensed after 25 minutes & powers back on when signal input is detected.
For more information, visitwww.pioneerdjusa.com
Bi-amp 2-way bass reflex active speaker
1-inch soft dome tweeter
5 inch aramid fiber
50 Hz to 20 kHz
Class A/B bi-amp 80W
LF: 54W (30W)
HF: 26W (15W)
XLR x 1, TRS (1/4-inch PHONE) x 1
RCA x 1
Maximum external dimensions (W x H x D)
7.76-in x 11.85-in x 10.32" (including heat sink)
Weight (for pair)
power cord, user manual
* S-DJ X Series Speakers