* 180 Watts Max Power (35 Watts Nominal)
* Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX Speaker Cones Provide Strength & Durability for Amazing Sound
* High-Quality Crossover Network
PIONEERING AN IDEAL
Absolute fidelity to musical sources takes form from speakers that reproduce the ambience in which sounds originate.
Stage size, musicians ?T movement, aural reflection & other distinctive details all bring these sounds to life.
Pioneer D-Series speakers are available in 2-way component packages or 2-way coaxial designs in multiple sizes that fit most vehicles.
WHAT IS "OPEN & SMOOTH?"
The "Open & Smooth" sound concept of our industry-leading speakers delivers both sonic excellence & performance.
The open-staging & smooth transition of driver response makes for an immersive experience that is truly the ultimate in-car sound.
* Open: Open staging & sound characteristics enhance the widening effect that extends way beyond the space between speakers.
* Smooth: w/smooth transitions between mid-bass & tweeter, sound from these speakers is not marred by crossover frequency dips.
DUAL-LAYER IMX ARAMID/BASALT FIBER COMPOSITE CONE
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry's T first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven w/aramid fiber.
Used in the surface layer, this dual-layer IMX (injection molded matrix) aramid/basalt fiber composite material is highly rigid & better absorbent, enhancing stability & maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
REAR CHAMBER TWEETER ENCLOSURE
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers.
It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging & staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF & LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response.
Audiophile-grade capacitors & inductors are used, & all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
* Smooth Off-Axis Response
* Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
* Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
* Lower Crossover Frequency
* Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8-in diameter)
* Rear Chamber
* Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
* High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
* Low Distortion
* Thick Woofer Basket
* Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
* Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
* Size: 5-1/4-in
Music Power (Nominal): 180 W (35 W)
* Cone Material: Dual Layer IMX Aramid-Basalt
* Frequency Response: 35 Hz to 40 kHz
* Sensitivity (1 W/1 m): 88 dB
* Impedance: 4 Ic
* Crossover Frequency: 6,000 Hz
* Mounting Depth: 2-1/4-in
* Cut-Out Dimensions: 4.75-inch