* IMPP Composite Cone
* Dual-Layer Elastic Polymer Surround
* Single Piece Basket Design
* Pioneer’s IMPP Composite Cone is newly re-designed to deliver a durable cone structure for accurate, yet powerful bass.
The subwoofer now provides a single piece cone & drive cone, in addition to a lightweight & rigid dust cap.
This combination offers more rigidity throughout the cone versus competitors in its class.
An extremely durable, yet lightweight cone is vital to prevent cone failure at high sound pressure levels.
* The TS-W311S4 utilizes a highly rigid, fully-enclosed, single piece basket, derived from our world-record holding SPL competition subwoofers, to help minimize the vibration throughout the subwoofer & increase the driving force to the cone, producing louder & rhythmical bass.
Improved stiffness of the basket provides for less sound leaks creating more clear & powerful bass.
* w/the TS-W311S4, engineers re-designed the spider assembly to allow the subwoofer to produce more accurate & rich bass.
Taking notes from our high-end SPL competition & Reference Series speakers, the spider is now assembled onto the spider holder rather than directly on to the basket.
Since the cone is also assembled onto the basket which can cause additional vibration, the independent structure of the spider holder helps minimize vibration coming from the cone.
This improves playback response, sound outline, & provides high linearity.
* All fast moving parts & friction will create heat & too much heat creates unwanted audio results.
The TS-W311S4 is designed w/ventilation holes to improve air flow & release heat keeping the piston cool for better performance.
Music Power (Nominal): 1,400W (400W)
* Cone Composition: IMPP Composite Cone
* Surround Composition: Dual Layer Fiber Reinforced Elastic Polymer Surround
* Impedance: 4 Ohms
* Frequency Response: 20Hz - 125Hz (-20 dB)
* Sensitivity (1W/1 m): 95 dB ( +/- 1.5 dB)
* Warranty: 1 Year
* Mounting Depth: 5.9 in (151 mm)
* Cut-out Diameter: 11.1 in (283 mm)
* Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.32 cu ft (37.5 L)
* Free Air Resonance (Fs): 42 Hz
* Total Speaker -inQ-in (Qts): 0.79
* Linear Excursion (Xmax): 0.31 in (8 mm)
* SEALED/PORTED ENCLOSURE SPECIFICATIONS
* Recommended Sealed Box Volume: 1.25 cu ft (35.4 liters)
* Recommended Ported Box Volume: 1.5 cu ft (42.5 liters)
* Port Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
* Port Length: 6 in (152 mm)