The 12W750 meets the specific market requirement for a loudspeaker which combines the excellent linearity, good efficiency and high power handling of the 15W750 model but in a 12 inch (300mm) chassis for use in more compact systems.
It is primarily intended for application in compact reflex and band-pass enclosures but can also be used for horn loaded configurations.
The curvilinear paper cone has been made from a special high strength woodpulp designed to achieve the best possible linearity within its intended frequency range and to control bell-mode resonances around the cone circumference.
The cone is carried by an unusually deep profile, triple roll suspension made from a polycotton material which is more resistant to aging and fatigue than traditional cotton-based ones.
The 75 mm (3 inch) diameter aluminum voice coil employs the Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV) technology, in which a high strength fiberglas former carries windings on both the outer and inner surfaces to achieve a mass balanced coil.
This results in an extremely linear motor assembly with a reduced tendency for eccentric behavior when driven hard.
The magnetic structure has been optimized using FEACAD resource to maximize the flux density in the voice coil gap.
Voice coil cooling has been achieved by incorporating airways between the chassis back plate and the top plate of the magnet, allowing heated air from the voice coil and gap to be channeled away and dissipated by the chassis basket.
Due to the increasing use of audio systems at outdoor events, the ability to perform in adverse weather conditions or in high-humidity areas is an essential feature of the 12W750.
This has been achieved using an exclusive cone and magnet plate treatment process which increases resistance to corrosion and renders the cone water repellent.
* Nominal Diameter: 300 mm (12 in)
* Rated Impedance: 8 Ohm
* AES Power: 600 W; Program Power: 1200 W
* Peak Power: 2500 W
* Sensitivity: 97 dB
* Frequency Range: 50 - 4600 Hz
* Power Compression @-10dB: 0.9 dB
* Power Compression @-3dB: 2.8 dB
* Power Compression @Full Power: 3.8 dB
* Max Recomm.
Frequency: 1800 Hz
Enclosure Volume: 40 - 90 lt.
(1.41 - 3.18 cuft)
* Minimum Impedance: 6.4 Ohm at 25 Degrees C
* Max Peak To Peak Excursion: 38 mm (1.50 in)
* Voice Coil Diameter: 75 mm (3 in)
* Voice Coil winding material: aluminum
* Suspension: Triple Roll.
* Cone: Curvilinear.
water repellent high damping pulp
* Fs: 49 Hz
* Re: 5.2 Ohm
* Sd: 0.0531 sq.mt.
* Qms: 7.00
* Qes: 0.30
* Qts: 0.28
* Vas: 73 lt.
* Mms: 57 gr.
* BL: 18 Tm
* Linear Mathematical Xmax: +/- 8 mm (+/- 0.31 in)
* Le (1kHz): 0.95 mH
Efficiency 1W@1m (half space): 96.6 dB
* Overall diameter: 310 mm (12.2 in)
of mounting holes and bolt: 8
* Mounting holes diameter: 5.90 mm (0.23 in)
* Bolt circle diameter: 295 mm (11.61 in)
* Front mount baffle cutout : 280 mm (11.02 in)
* Rear mount baffle cutout : 280 mm (11.02 in)
* Total depth: 148 mm (5.83 in)
* Flange and gasket thickness: 13.5 mm (0.53 in)
* Net weight: 7.5 kg (16.5 lb)
* Shipping weight: 8.3 kg (18.26 lb)
* Packaging Dimensions: 332 x 332 x 184 mm (13.07 x 13.07 x 7.24 in)
* Model: 0221289000: 8 Ohm
©Thunderball Marketing Inc. Distributors ©DeejayLED LLC Distributors all rights reserved.