The Rane ME15S Micrographic Equalizer is a two-channel, 2/3-octave design with 20 mm sliders in a single rack space unit.
It features a range switch for high slider resolution in the +/-6 dB mode - equivalent resolution to 45 mm sliders found on double rack-space models.
The +/-12 dB mode provides a wide range of control over system audio.
The active filter sections feature Rane’s innovative constant-Q (constant bandwidth) design.
Constant-Q means the bandwidth of each individual filter is guaranteed to be narrow enough to prevent unwarranted interaction between filters, yet wide enough to produce exactly the type of correction curve demanded by even the most unusual acoustic surroundings.
This differs dramatically from conventional designs of the past, encumbered with the unfortunate characteristic of changing bandwidth when changing boost/cut amounts.
* Front panel controls and indicators include an overall rotary level control for each channel as well as overload indicators.
Passive pushbutton bypass switches feature LED indicators, avoiding ambiguity by being on when the unit is bypassed.
(A passive bypass switch requires no power to operate.
This allows completion of the audio path should the power fail in the ME15S.) Inputs and outputs are electronically balanced designs, capable of unbalanced operation when required.
They accept and drive all possible signal levels into normal load impedances.
Balanced applications choose between the XLR or 1/4-in Tip-Ring Sleeve balanced connectors.
Unbalanced sources also may tie to the ME15S through mono 1/4-in connectors (no ring connection).
* Constant-Q Bandwidth Design
* Overall Level Control
* 20 mm Filter Slide Controls
* +/- 6 dB or +/- 12 dB Slider Range
* Passive Bypass Switch
* Grounded Center Detents at 0 dB
* Infrasonic, Ultrasonic, & RFI Filters
* Fully Balanced XLR Inputs and Outputs
* 1/4-in TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Inputs and Outputs
* Universal internal switching power supply (100-240 VAC)
* Balanced XLR and 1/4-in TRS Inputs and Output
* Equalizer: Bands (15) 2/3-octave ISO spacing From 25 Hz to 16 kHz
* Type Constant-Q
* Accuracy 3 % Center frequency
* Travel 20 mm Positive grounded center detent
* Range +/- 12 or +/- 6 1 dB Switch selectable
* Inputs: Type Active balanced/unbalanced
* Connectors XLR & 1/4-in TRS
* Impedance 20k balanced; 10k unbalanced min O
* Maximum Level 20 1 dBu
* Outputs: Type Active balanced/unbalanced
* Connectors XLR & 1/4-in TRS
* Impedance 400 balanced 200 unbalanced 1% O
* Maximum Level +20 balanced +15 unbalanced 1 dBu 2 kO
* +19 balanced +13 unbalanced 1 dBu 600 O
* Overall Gain Range Off to +0 (unbalanced output) min dB Sliders centered
* Off to +6 (balanced output) min dB Sliders centered
* RFI Filters Yes
* Passive Bypass Switches Yes
* LED Thresholds: Overload 4 1 dB Below clipping
* Infrasonic Filter 20 Hz, 18 dB/octave, Butterworth 3% Hz
* Frequency Response 20-100 kHz +0/-3 dB
* THD+Noise 0.011 max % +4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, 20k BW
* IM Distortion (SMPTE) 0.01 max % 60 Hz/7 kHz, 4:1, +4 dBu
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio re +20 dBu +4 dBu 20 kHz noise bandwidth
* 107 91 2 dB Sliders centered, unity gain, balanced
* 92 76 2 dB Full boost, unity gain, balanced
* 104 88 2 dB Full cut, unity gain, balanced
* Channel Separation 85 min dB 1 kHz
* Common Mode Rejection 40 1 dB 1 kHz
* Unit: Conformity CE, FCC, CULUS
* Universal Line Voltage 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
* Maximum Power 7 W
* Construction All steel
* Size 1.75-in H x 19-in W x 5.25-in D (1U) (4.4 cm x 48.3 cm x 13.3 cm)
* Weight 5 lb (2.3 kg)
* Shipping: Size 4.25-in x 20.3-in x 13.75-in (10.8 cm x 52 cm x 35 cm)
* Weight 8 lb (3.6 kg)
* Note: 0 dBu=0.775 Vrms
©Thunderball Marketing Inc. Distributors ©DeejayLED LLC Distributors all rights reserved.